Obviously this is something no man wants to discuss. But it must be talked about, because getting the penis caught in a zipper is a very unfortunate event that happens to far too many men. Though the odds of it happening are greater for a younger man, or even a kid, even grown men who have been using a zipper all their lives can fall victim to the zipper incident. The best thing a man can do if ever caught in this situation is understand the best penis care steps to remove himself from the problem with as little penis pain and damage as possible.
Penis skin and the zipper
There are few things that hurt worse than getting the delicate penis skin caught in the teeth of a metal or plastic zipper. A man might zip up thousands of times, even tens of thousands, and never have a problem – until that horrible moment when he does.
In some cases, the zipper catch is very small and quick, and a man is left with a small bruise, a little tearing and a heightened sense of respect for how powerful a zipper can be. But in other cases, the zipper catches more than a little penis skin, and panic ensues. Here’s how to get out of this rather painful situation.
1. Stay calm. It sounds simple, but when a man’s penis is stuck in a zipper, staying calm can be surprisingly difficult. Panic might mean pulling on the zipper in a rush and creating even more damage.
2. Lube things up. Mineral oil is a great thing to have handy around the house. Pour mineral oil over the penis, zipper and all. Don’t worry about getting it on any clothing – now is not the time to worry about stains. Be very generous with the mineral oil and allow it to soak in for thirty minutes, as this will loosen up the zipper and ease the pressure on the penis skin.
3. Attempt a general extraction. Holding the penis skin with one hand and the tongue of the zipper with the other, try gently pulling the zipper down. In some cases, the zipper will be lubricated by the mineral oil and will slip away without any further injury. But if penis pain gets worse or there is any blood, stop trying.
4. Break the zipper. In order to dismantle the zipper, wire cutters are a good tool. Snap the ‘median bar,’ which is the area that holds the faceplates of the zipper together. Some zippers might be too small for this, but larger zippers can be broken apart with one quick motion. This will then release the zipper teeth and free the penis. If this doesn’t work, don’t push it.
5. Treat the penis skin or get medical attention. At this point there will be two options: the penis will be freed from the zipper and it will be time to treat the skin, or it will still be stuck and medical attention will be required. If the skin needs treatment, cleanse it very well with a mild soap and water. Make sure the wound is not bleeding, then apply a thick layer of petroleum jelly to the wound and cover it with a thick gauze pad. If bleeding persists or if the penis is still stuck, get to the doctor for help.
As the skin is healing, it needs special care and attention. In order to ensure the skin bounces back to health as quickly as possible, men should invest in a top-quality penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin). Remember to wait to apply the crème until the skin is no longer bleeding and raw from the zipper wound. Look for a crème that contains powerful vitamins, such as vitamin B5 for cell metabolism, vitamin C for strengthening of collagen, and vitamin E for hydration. A crème with a Shea butter base is important, as this high-end emollient can help restore moisture and speed healing.